The Executive Chef is responsible for directing and overseeing the entire food service in the hotel inclusive of-
– Directing menu planning, recipe development, product selection, item costing, implementation of new menus and ongoing quality assurance processes and systems.
– Device innovative product offering for main dining room buffet, banquet catering, a la carte and themed special night/Events.
– Monitor guest comments and feedback on the food, and take action as required ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction.
– Manage a team of 20-30 persons
– Recruit, manage, train and develop team
– Ability to work within budgeted guidelines
– Maintain controls i.e. Food Cost, Payroll, Operational supplies etc.
– Prior experience as an Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef
– Must have 4 star hotel/restaurant background and ability to implement such standards
– Ability to multi task and oversee multiple food service departments.
– Flexibility to response to different work situations
– HACCAP knowledge and implementation essential.
– Attractive Salary, based on qualifications and experience.
– Opportunity to move within the group of hotels, which has an established a sound reputation in the Caribbean
– Group Health Coverage