Careers By Rex Resorts
Regional Sales Manager
Co-ordinate Sales and Marketing in the Caricom region to drive increased revenues to the eight Rex Resort properties, resulting in increased profitability.
1. A minimum of four years hotel sales or sales experience and an excellent network of contacts
are required to succeed in this position.
2. Diploma or Degree in Sales & Marketing would be an asset.
3. Commitment to exceeding client’s expectations
4. Computer literate with knowledge of a variety of computer software applications (Microsoft
Office Suite and Maximizer), social media sites including Facebook, Twitter
5. Superior written and oral communication skills.
6. Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to set priorities for self.
7. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to handle everyday situations
quickly and effectively
8 . Entrepreneurial spirit is a definite asset
1. Ensure a clear understanding of the product offering of the eight Rex resort hotels, their unique selling perspectives and target markets
2. Develop a sales and marketing strategy for the region in conjunction with the Sales & Marketing Director, agreeing targets & objectives
3. Provide a monthly report on activity and production to the Sales & Marketing Director & hotel General Manager’s
4. Maintain a clear line of communication on sales activities & co-ordinate input from the hotel General Manager’s.
5. Target and attract new business opportunities.
6. Build on existing relationships to increase business
7. Develop and maintain a contact and customer database within the following market segments:
– Corporate Business
– Government Agencies & Ministries
– Special Interest Groups
8. Develop and promote product image and awareness by direct mail campaigns and attendance
of key travel and tourism Trade Shows in Trinidad
9. Prepare sales proposals to clients incorporating clearly defined terms and conditions.
10. Establish an effective sales call cycle for key customers, partners and contacts
1. Attractive Salary, based on qualifications and experience.
2. Opportunity for career development in a group of hotels, with an established sound reputation
in the Caribbean
3. Group Health Coverage.
4. To work directly from Trinidad, home based with a valid driver’s license.
5. Position is to work exclusively for Rex Resorts full time.
Deputy General Manager
General Scope & Purpose:
To manage the daily operations of the hotel along with the General Manager with a focus on the Food and Beverage departments: Restaurant and Bars, Service and Controls effectively, while enforcing company standards, rules and regulations
The effective management of all aspects of operations and personnel in the hotel. The position will involve working as part of the management team to oversee the hotel operation. Previous experience within rooms division, banqueting and events. The position will support the General Manager in the daily running of the hotel and operational execution of all events at the property.
To manage a team of Head of Departments / Operations Manager to deliver consistency across the hotel, providing support, feedback and development for the team to develop their skills to be the best they can be.
To ensure that exceptional service is provided to all customers from all departments, every hour of every day and take personal responsibility for providing feedback and support to the team.
Ensure the smooth running of the day to day hotel operation, working alongside Revenue, Sales and HR to balance all priorities, deputizing in managing the hotel in the absence of the general manager.
Work with the entire team to ensure that we engage and motivate our teams to enjoy their work and deliver for our customers.
Have strong control of the Profit & Loss, managing costs and identifying opportunities.
Manage the productivity of the team to ensure best use of resource and delivery of our service standards.
The ideal candidate for this position:
Manager/ Deputy General Manager level in a hospitality environment
Have the desire and ability to become a General Manager
Have good commercial knowledge and solid experience of Hotel operations including Front of House, Food & Beverage, Meetings and Events and Accommodation
Be solution focused with high drive and a positive attitude
Have excellent communication skills.
If you are looking to take the next step in your career -send us your CV today and you could be joining us in Tobago tomorrow!