Careers By Rex Resorts
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become a General Manager for Rex Resorts Caribbean
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and experienced individual, with the ability to bring staff members and the hotel to meet their full potential. You must be committed to producing excellent customer service and provide inspirational leadership to motivate your staff in contributing to the success of the business.
You will have commercial accountability for budgeting and financial management, planning, organising and directing all hotel services, including front-of-house (reception and reservations), food and beverage operations, and housekeeping. You will be reporting directly to the Managing Director to ensure targets are met. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Maximising profits and driving local business, whilst exploiting opportunities for growth within the hotel.
* Overall management, recruitment, training and development of the team to ensure personal best is achieved.
* Delivering excellence in customer service and ensuring consistency throughout each department.
* Monitoring the performance of the hotel through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and financial reports
* Carrying out inspections of property and services; ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
MUST have strong experience as a General Manager within a similar environment, OR a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Senior Management role and want to take the next step in your career.
* A strong leader with the ability to manage, motivate and get the best out of your teams
* Creative, entrepreneurial and self-motivated with a hands on approach
* Financially astute with strong budgetary control skills
* Highly proficient in written and spoken English
If you have what it takes and want to join the team in the Caribbean, apply today!
Please include a short covering letter and current remuneration in your CV.
Deputy General Manager
General Scope & Purpose:
To manage the daily operations of the hotel along with the General Manager with a focus on the Food and Beverage departments: Restaurant and Bars, Service and Controls effectively, while enforcing company standards, rules and regulations
The effective management of all aspects of operations and personnel in the hotel. The position will involve working as part of the management team to oversee the hotel operation. Previous experience within rooms division, banqueting and events. The position will support the General Manager in the daily running of the hotel and operational execution of all events at the property.
To manage a team of Head of Departments / Operations Manager to deliver consistency across the hotel, providing support, feedback and development for the team to develop their skills to be the best they can be.
To ensure that exceptional service is provided to all customers from all departments, every hour of every day and take personal responsibility for providing feedback and support to the team.
Ensure the smooth running of the day to day hotel operation, working alongside Revenue, Sales and HR to balance all priorities, deputizing in managing the hotel in the absence of the general manager.
Work with the entire team to ensure that we engage and motivate our teams to enjoy their work and deliver for our customers.
Have strong control of the Profit & Loss, managing costs and identifying opportunities.
Manage the productivity of the team to ensure best use of resource and delivery of our service standards.
The ideal candidate for this position:
Manager/ Deputy General Manager level in a hospitality environment
Have the desire and ability to become a General Manager
Have good commercial knowledge and solid experience of Hotel operations including Front of House, Food & Beverage, Meetings and Events and Accommodation
Be solution focused with high drive and a positive attitude
Have excellent communication skills.
If you are looking to take the next step in your career -send us your CV today and you could be joining us in Tobago tomorrow!
Executive or Executive Sous Chef
The Executive Chef is responsible for directing and overseeing the entire food service in the hotel inclusive of-
– Directing menu planning, recipe development, product selection, item costing, implementation of new menus and ongoing quality assurance processes and systems.
– Device innovative product offering for main dining room buffet, banquet catering, a la carte and themed special night/Events.
– Monitor guest comments and feedback on the food, and take action as required ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction.
– Manage a team of 20-30 persons
– Recruit, manage, train and develop team
– Ability to work within budgeted guidelines
– Maintain controls i.e. Food Cost, Payroll, Operational supplies etc.
– Prior experience as an Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef
– Must have 4 star hotel/restaurant background and ability to implement such standards
– Ability to multi task and oversee multiple food service departments.
– Flexibility to response to different work situations
– HACCAP knowledge and implementation essential.
– Attractive Salary, based on qualifications and experience.
– Opportunity to move within the group of hotels, which has an established a sound reputation in the Caribbean
– Group Health Coverage